Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall FAVES

Here are a few of the many Favorite things of mine that we do in the Fall. 


Jumping in the Leaves! 
There are so many memories doing this as a child and I love to see my kidlets have so much fun doing it too!!  We only have the two kids to rake leaves for...My dad was raking leaves for hours of fun for all 10 of us, but of course he never complained or seem to get tired. I think Ry and I were tired after the first few rakings. 





Mr. and Mrs. Bones
I LOVE bone jammies!!! It gives us tons of glow in the dark giggles...the best part is the headless dancing that goes on in the dark!




Our Annual Pumpkin Paint-Off
We started doing this the first year that we had Kayla, we thought it was fun for her to paint and a lot more safe then carving. We always have Kayla judge who wins out of Mommy and Daddy and I always happen to be the winner. (I painted the cat)



Pumpkin Carving Contest
I can't wait to have carved pumpkins out in the front yard...the yummy smell is the best! Once again we have Kayla judge our pumpkins and of course I am the winner! Ry carved the headless horseman and Sawyers skull and I carved the haunted haunted house and Kayla's cat.









Pumpkin Patches
This year we went to a few Pumpkin Patches and Bates Nut Farm was our favorite, it was so awesome! 
  


Halloween Time in Disneyland
Two of my favorite things...Halloween and Disnyland, can it get any better then that? Even Better...spending the day with my family in this enchanted place!





Making and Decorating Sugar Cookies
Whenever we would decorated cookies when Kayla was little she would put her hands in front of her and wiggle her fingers back and forth (like sprinkling shredded cheese on a pizza) and say "Sprinkles". She never was into the frosting as much as she was into putting a ton of sprinkles on each cookie. Sprinkles are still her favorite thing, they just don't end up on the cookies anymore.
Sawyer had so much fun spreading the frosting all over, we replenished his supply every couple minutes but it still wasn't enough. By the time we were done he was covered and so was everything around him within reaching distance.






Carmel Popcorn
Every year when I was little my mom would make the most Yummy carmel popcorn. It was always so fun to do, Mom would drizzle the carmel in cold water and we would eat spoonfuls of the carmel to "test" it to make sure it was good. Of course it was delicious but we would have to taste it at least a few more time to make sure. Kayla and Sawyer had spoonfuls of their own while it was in the making, they couldn't seem to get enough of it!




My Creative Husband
Ryon just decided to make a Haunted House out of cardboard and it turned out really cool! He always has such fun and creative ideas.




My Family
Fall is my favorite time of year and with it comes so many fun and excited feelings, emotions and memories! It was 7 years ago that I met Ry and we went on a Haunted Hayride and spent such a fun weekend with his family.(it was meant to be, meeting my favorite person at my favorite time of year) So everytime Fall gets closer not only am I looking forward to so many fun activities but I always think of how lucky I am to have met Ryon and to have him in my life!! Without him we wouldn't have these two Blonde haired, Blue eyed Babes! 



5 comments:

HOPE said...

Your kids are SO cute! Looks like you guys had a very fun Halloween!! I hope all is well!! Hope :)

Chelsi said...

Your halloween costumes are awesome!!!! I loved them! I sure miss those Nebraska days, it was fun to see you guys dressed up and think back upon all those good times. Your yummy food you made all fall looks absolutely darling!!!! You are a very cute mom and I love that you do so many fun things with your babies!!! Happy Halloween!!!!

Sandy said...

You guys have been busy! It looks like you had a fun halloween and doing all of the fun fall things! Your kids are as cute as always..I'm so glad you are so happy :) Love ya!

Amy said...

I want to come be a kid at your house:0) Looks like you had a wonderful fall.

J-me Boyce said...

whoa... I had almost given up on you and your blogglessness. I loved catching up on my lovely Bings. The kids are growing up so dang fast! I can't believe how adorable Sawyer is and Kayla is as cute as ever! I always love to see what you do for Halloween! You are the Halloween Queen for sure. We cracked at Russ.